Custom Search

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Just Pain a 9 out of 10

It has been a really rough week.  I finally thought the new medicine was helping.  I was not getting sick, I could stand on my own, without feeling like a weeble wobble, and I could actually get in the car and ride without having to pull over every 10 minutes or hold a bag or bucket in front of me because of motion sickness.  Well, apparently, it is not doing enough.  The first 3 or 4 days, it made me incredibly sleepy.  This, for me, was a major  plus.  Since I was a severe insomniac and was barely sleeping, the extra sleep was a blessing.  The only problem, it was lingering.  I was dragging all day.  I slept for numerous hours, but did not get restorative rest,  then all day, I felt sleepy.  So now it has been 10 days, still sleepy all the time, but the actual sleep assistance is gone.  I just feel groggy all the time.  I also have major pain.  As anyone with fibromyalgia knows, you can have pain in varying degrees, in varying areas, t varying times, at any given moment.  Well, let me tell you, the pain I have felt over the last 4 or 5 days would put a normal person in the fetal position, screaming for death.  My arms are constantly on fire, and at times I have pins and needles in them and then occasionally it feels like someone is stabbing me in the hand and forearm.  My hips are in so achy, and sore I look like someone with a double hip replacement when I try and walk.  My calves and ankles are like my arms.  Only difference is the stabbing in my legs is more profound, almost non stop and at night, it is horrible.  I am having a difficult time being mobile and have been in my bed or bedroom almost all week.  Over doing things, does wear you out.  When you have decent meds, you won't end up in bed for weeks.  But when the meds help put you in bed, it totally sucks.  When you go to the doctors, and they ask you, on a scale of 1-10 what is your pain level, how do you answer?  In all honesty, my pain level for a normal person would be a 100.  For me this week it is definitely pushing a 9.  My doctor said she sees a 10 as being in so much pain you are crying and curled up, well honestly if I cry and curl up, it just makes my pain worse, adds a bigger headache and curling up for me, well sometimes that is totally not an option.  So, I am trying my best to keep going, but seriously, how much pain can one person handle?  I can not take any pain meds, I have a horrible allergic reaction to them.  So, I will be talking to the doctor on Tuesday, there has got to be a medicine out there to help lower the pain levels.  I don't think a 9 out of 10 is fair to any living creature.  I would be happy with a 5.  I know they can't fix it, but what is out there to help?

How are your pain levels?
What meds do you take?
What alternative medicine practices help you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I don't have any kind of issue with pain so I cannot answer your questions. I did want to let you know that I am praying for you that you get some relief.

    ReplyDelete