Custom Search

Friday, April 15, 2011

Starving!!!!

Have you ever been so hungry that you felt you could eat bark off a tree, but no matter what you try, the hunger does not go away?  Well I am there.  First of all, I can't eat just anything.  Ten years ago I had my stomach stapled because weight was over 400lbs and my thyroid was shot.  I was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic and because I worked 12 hour shifts from 6 pm to 6 am with like 3- 4 hours of sleep a day then dealing with my kids and what ever else I was doing I could not get my meds regulated.  It was amazing.  No more meds for diabetes, lost weight and all.  Now that I went on that tangent, I still to this day have to be careful what I eat and still can not eat a whole lot at a time, so when I crave a steak or a big old cheeseburger, it just won't happen. lol.  (ok, a bite or two but that is it.)  But I also sometimes have trouble eating because you have digestive issues and bowel issues with this crazy fibro thing.  So for the past week or so I have not eaten much more than mini-pretzels, some ice cream and trying to eat dinner each night which usually is about 1/4 of whatever it is.  So right now I just want something, but what?  Anyone out there have any ideas?  Funnier than that, is I live in an area that you have to drive to get just about anywhere.  The McDonald's down the street is just horrible, and the Arby's across the street attached to the gas station opens and closes at will so you never really know when it is going to be available. They are the closest and only fast food places for at least 20 minutes.  (and not really good for you).  It will be better in a couple more weeks when all the places open for the season and the little shops are open for the summer down by the boardwalk and beach, but of course that doesn't help now.  So I this will be the answer, I am going to try and sleep.  Hopefully tomorrow morning I will be able to make up my mind.  See I told you I would ramble.  But I know that if you are in the position I am in, you will understand.    One thing I will tell you, keep items that you like and are easy to prepare or grab for nights like this.  It is not always easy to get somewhere to get something even if you live close by a whole bunch of places, because if you are not feeling well going somewhere will not  be an option.  If you are lucky, you will have someone that will always run for you.  For me it is my poor husband, who puts up with all my nutty stuff and crazy whims and just goes with the flow.  (at least most days. they do get tired too, and living with me or someone with fibro is not always the easiest: : } ).  Well now that you are probably confused, the outcome, I am still starving, and now I am going to sleep.  Rest well my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the yoplait yogurt bags in the frozen section of the grocery store?
    http://www.yoplait.com/products/yoplait-smoothie-yogurt
    You can just add a little milk and blend them up and they are super yummy. I even add fresh spinach and they still taste good. I can eat a 1/2 cup of those and really enjoy it.
    Anyway, I hope you feel better real soon. I hate stomach issues (and hunger, for that matter...)
    Thanks for stopping by today, I really appreciated your comment ;)

    -CK

    ReplyDelete